Now accepting pre-seed and seed-stage applications for our Arc Europe '23 cohort. Companies headquartered in Europe are welcome to apply. Applications will close on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
What makes an outlier?
Immerse yourself in the mindsets of those who dare to build legendary companies. Uncover your own motivations and the scale of your ambition.
Who are you building for?
See how customer obsession is the underlying foundation of all great companies. Learn how to deepen your understanding of your own customer.
How do you build great products?
Learn how to set a product mission that transforms your customers’ lives and establish the right metrics, strategy and tactics to build winning products with speed.
Sales & Marketing
How are you different, not merely better?
Learn how to position your product to break through the noise and the fundamentals of brand, sales and marketing.
How do you work?
Understand how culture is set and how to leverage it to create an operating advantage.
How do you create enduring value?
Learn financial and market fundamentals and how valuations get determined from start to scale.
BEND THE ARC
How will you be a magnet?
Learn how to inspire others to your vision. Share your final presentations with a community of partners, founders, customers and talent ready to help.
“Arc was a step-function change in our company’s trajectory. The emphasis on ‘different, not merely better’ helped us improve how we think about every aspect of the product and customer experience.”
Now transforming financial health with Otto.
“Becoming part of the Arc family is a pivotal moment for any founder. It’s not just access to the collective wisdom of the Sequoia team, but it’s kinship, support and one of a kind friendships from an exceptional peer group as well.”
Now empowering creators everywhere with Flagship.
“As founders, it’s easy to get pulled in the day to day and try to just get the next thing done. Arc taught me that, sometimes, we need to take a step back to leap forward. We should not mistake progress for motion.”
“Arc raises your own expectations of what you can achieve, and gives you the tools to get there. From hiring your first engineer to building a scalable sales organization. All this, while being surrounded by people who truly believe you can change the world.”
- 01/Who should apply to Arc?This company building program is for pre-seed and seed-stage founders actively working on an idea, product and company. For some, this means coming to us with an idea and no lines of code like Patrick and John of Stripe. For others, it is a MVP site with 1000 listings like Brian, Nate and Joe of Airbnb. Arc alumni come from a variety of backgrounds: some are first or second-time founders, while others have helped scale top tech companies. For a glimpse into previous cohorts, click here and here.
- 02/What is Company Design?Company Design is the Sequoia way to start, build and scale enduring companies. It is an ongoing process rooted in evergreen foundations, an outlier mindset and a powerful community advantage discerned from fifty years of working with legendary companies from idea to IPO and beyond. The value of establishing these principles early compounds over time and can meaningfully bend the arc of a company’s trajectory. We teach these principles to Sequoia founders and, now, in Arc.
- 03/When does Arc take place?Arc Europe ‘23 will run from May 9th - June 22nd, 2023. We will host another Arc America in Fall 2023.
- 04/Is Arc in person?The first and last week of the program, along with a mid-program field trip, will be in person. The remaining weeks will be held remotely via Zoom.
- 05/Is travel required?Yes. For Arc Europe, expect to spend the first week in London, the fourth week in another European city, and the last week in the Bay Area.
- 06/What is the weekly schedule?Expect to commit 8 hours a week to this program.
- 07/How many companies are in the program?Each Arc cohort will consist of ~10-15 companies. All co-founders of a company are strongly encouraged to attend.
- 08/What are the terms?To accommodate companies even earlier in their journeys, Arc investments will range from $500,000 - $1M.